This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Let us give thanks…for sweatpants. 

Thanksgiving is the most ideal holiday- you give thanks to the people (and recipes) you love most by feasting endlessly. Sure, most diets are thrown out the window and waistlines tend to expand a few sizes, but who wants to limit themselves during the holidays?! For those who are looking to fully participate in Binge-Fest 2012, otherwise known as Thanksgiving dinner, there is only one thing that will enable you to expand just as fast as your appetite does-   sweatpants.

Don’t change your diet, change your pants. Thanksgiving dinner is a celebration of thankfulness and love, and is by no means a celebration of fashion- even Macy’s, a world-renowned department store, takes the day off to celebrate food while parading around New York City. Why shouldn’t you be able to wear a pair of elastic-banded sweatpants while celebrating? Wearing sweatpants to the dinner table isn’t a fashion faux pas, but rather a comfortable means of expanding your appetite alongside your expanding pants size. Don’t worry about one night of indulging because just like a pair of sweatpants, weight is removable. Rather than salivating over grandma’s pumpkin pie, because your pencil skirt limits both your movement and your intake, sink into a pair of sweatpants and dive into a piece of heaven this year, fork-first. 

Eat endlessly, drink until you can’t stand, indulge until you can’t breathe, and wear sweatpants. Join the movement towards comfort and satisfaction. Avoid the crash diets, let your hair down, and proudly pull those sweatpants up this Thanksgiving. 

I choose food over fashion, what will you choose this year?

Gobble Gobble