corgi bridgerton?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
corgi bridgerton?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
LIAM DANIEL/NETFLIX
Life > Experiences

6 Fun, Pet-Friendly Activities to Do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’re counting down the days to going home for winter break and reuniting with your pet. With limited time at home, I would love to spend as much time with my dog as possible. Spending time with pets is also a great way to de-stress after a busy finals period. Here are some ways to spend quality time with your pet during the holidays, but are also applicable to any other time of year!

visit the Holiday markets

Visiting an outdoor market is a great way to get into the holiday spirit, shop for gifts for family and friends, and enjoy food and drinks from small businesses! Hopefully, there will be stores with treats and toys for pets as well.

embark on a Road trip

Going on either a short day trip or a longer overnight trip is a great way to explore your area, and your pet will also appreciate running around new places. Many pets, including my dog, also love long car rides!

have a Movie night

If you’re from a cooler area, or if you would rather stay in and be cozy, a movie night is a great way to lounge around with your pet. This is great for house pets or pets who prefer staying in, as well as a post-walk activity!

go to the beach

Alternatively, the beach during the off-season is a great outdoor activity for your pet to run around, and if it’s warm enough, they could even go for a swim. After the beach you can get a treat together, such as Starbucks and a puppuccino!

see holiday lights

Instead of your usual path, walking through different areas of the neighborhood and looking at holiday lights is also a great seasonal activity. You get to admire festive decorations with fresh air and quality time with your pet!

Blossom is a sophomore at Brown University from Hong Kong studying Behavioral Decision Sciences and Economics. Beyond Her Campus, she is a part of Kappa Delta Sorority and Hong Kong Students Association. She enjoys going to coffee shops, traveling to new countries, going on walks, and hanging out with friends and her dog.