Life > Experiences

2 New Gems On Thayer Street You *Need* to Try Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Hey there, lovies! Back to school for students in the Providence area means back to being on the lookout for the best, cozy spots to eat and study. The main priority is to discover establishments that offer delicious and healthy treats and guess what, I have two recommendations for you explorers! Depending on high up on Thayer Street, Acai Bowls at the bottom of the road and Sydney a bit more north, are waiting for you with open arms.

The ambiance

First impressions matter, right? Well, Acai and Sydney certainly nailed it in the ambiance department. With Instagram-worthy decor, the pastel-colored walls and the delicious smell of fresh food does not go unnoticed. Finally something new on Thayer: cozy seating options with window-side nooks make it a great place to unwind with your girlfriends or enjoy a solo treat. The soft background music added to the chill vibes, making it a fantastic spot to relax and recharge.

The Food

But what about the food? Acai and Sydney offer a variety of mouthwatering options that cater to different tastes and dietary preferences. As the name suggests, the star of the show at Acai is of course, the acai bowl itself, which is a luscious blend of frozen acai berries and other fruits. Every bite is a symphony of flavors and textures that will make you crave more. Sydney, on the other hand, comes closer to your traditional bakery with lovely pastries options and its iconic and fresh avocado toast that doesn’t disappoint. Both places even provide a selection of vegan options.

Friendly Staff

Apart from the delectable eats and stunning ambiance, what truly sets Acai and Sydney apart is its exceptional service. Friendly and helpful staff await to take your order and make you feel like a valued guest rather than just a customer. Whether you’re a first-timer with questions about the menu or a regular seeking a personalized creation, the staff are more than happy to assist you in crafting the perfect meal to satisfy your cravings.

Wrap-Up

In a city brimming with culinary options, Acai and Sydney on Thayer manage to stand out as a delightful, health-conscious haven for foodies of all kinds. So, grab your warmest and coolest Fall outfit and march to these new establishments on Thayer for quality food that should not be missed!

Athina is a junior from Greece studying Business Economics and Behavioral Decision Sciences. In her free time, she enjoys going to the gym and spending time with friends!