This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

1. According to folklore, if you catch a leprechaun, he’ll promise you a pot of gold if you let him go. What must you do to get it?

• Give him a four-leaf clover
  • Never take your eyes off him
  • Throw a penny in a wishing pond
  • Offer to wash his feet

2. True or False: St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, was born in Ireland.

• True
  • False

3. In which city was St. Patrick’s Day first celebrated in the United States?

• New York City
  • Philadelphia
  • Boston 
  • Chicago

4. According to tradition, each leaf of a four-leaf clover represents something: faith, hope, luck and….

• Happiness
  • Love
  • Stardom

5. When St. Patrick first arrived in Ireland he was a:

• Priest
  • Cobbler
  • Slave
  • Leprechaun

6. What year did the United States first celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

• 1737
  • 1855
  • 1942
  • 1988

7. Which of the following is considered the most traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal?

• Irish stew
  • Corned Beef and Cabbage
  • Shepherd’s Pie
  • Spaghetti and meatballs

8. Some say St. Patrick’s Day is the luckiest day of the year to do what?

• Leave on a journey
  • Be born
  • Get married
  • Join a rock band

9. True or False: The first official St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York City was in 1762.

• True
  • False

10. A shamrock usually has how many leaves?

• 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

11. How did St. Patrick, according to legend, make all the snakes leave Ireland?

• Killing them
  • Playing the flute
  • Pounding on drums
  • Singing “Who Let The Dogs Out”

12. According to Irish legend, what must you do to the Blarney Stone to get the gift of gab?

• Break off a piece
  • Rub it
  • Hit it five times
  • Kiss it

13. In old Irish superstition, if a black cat crosses your path on a full moon, what does it mean?

• You are surrounded by evil spirits
  • There will be an epidemic
  • You’ll have good luck
  • You’ll stub your toe on the way home

14. What is the traditional profession for a leprechaun?

• Blacksmith
  • Haberdasher
  • Cobbler
  • Computer programmer

15. What did St. Patrick use to illustrate the concept of the Holy Trinity?

• A shamrock
  • A seamroy
  • A trefoil
  • All of the above

16. According to Irish superstition, on which day of the week is it considered unlucky to marry?

• Monday
  • Wednesday
  • Friday
  • Saturday

*Make sure to do your research, this trivia quiz is full of interesting facts!

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.
Student at Broward College for the past five years, first enrolled on Davie's Central Campus learning Physical Therapy for two years than, transferring to Coconut Creeks North campus for the last three years, now majoring in Early Childhood / Developmental Education. Spent first year with Her campus Broward as Outreach Director, former president of self-entitled campus friendship club, Sammy's Buddy Brigade, member of the Campus Science Club, and a Broward County local student Ambassador with Best Buddies International. Winner of the Sammy's award for most charity work within the community, and now Vice President of Her Campus Broward. I hope to soon be working at Junior Achievement with the elementary and middle school children, in order to have a well rounded experience! The hope is to one day work with and teach children who have special needs such as myself! Biggest belief and philosophy of life is that, no matter what anyone says you can't accomplish in life, I am living proof that anything is possible! Having ADHD, high functioning Autism, and medical conditions such as Scoliosis, helps me to understand special needs children on a level that very few people can! It is this very knowledge that led me to choose Teaching as my chosen profession. Now at age 42, and more than 55% on the way to getting an Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education, I hope to become an Assistant Teacher within the next year or so. We hope that this true life story will inspire others to never give up either, no matter what anybody says, or tells you, that you can't do, the only one who can truly hold you back is "YOU".