Style > Beauty

Makeup Brushes, and How to Use Them

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

You could have been into cosmetics for 10 years, still be baffled by makeup brushes and how to properly use them. As time progresses, new glitzy items hit the shelves for us to take home and enjoy them to the fullest. Here is a list each makeup brush and its correct function.

• Angled Brow Brush: Used for applying brow powder, cream, or gel for a voluminous eyebrow.
  •  Flat Eyeshadow Brush: Great for patting on loose eye powder, shadows and pigments. Also can be dampened to enhance depth of colour and can come angled too, which is great for doing that ‘outer v’.
  •  Large Blending Brush: Can be used with eyeshadow to wash the whole lid with colour, or used in a light buffing motion to blend.
  • Medium Eyeshadow Brush: Perfect for putting colour across the full surface of the eye.
  • Smudger Brush: Used to smudge eyeliner and/or eyeshadow under the eyes.
  • Fine Liner Brush: This brush is used to get that perfect eyeliner flick and can be used with gel or liquid eyeliners.
  • Spoolie: Great for applying mascara, brow products or for grooming the eyelashes or eyebrows.
  • Fine Lip Liner Brush: For lining around the lips and before filling in. In addition, can also be used outiside the lipline to give a fuller look.
  • Large Lip Brush: Used to cover the full surface of the lips with either some balm, lip colour or gloss. 
I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.