Style > Beauty

25 Things To Do For Stunning Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Are you tired of your skin acting up? Then it’s a perfect time to up your skincare game and finally achieve that stunning, youthful, and gorgeous skin you’ve always dreamed of!

Here are these tips for stunning skin!

1. Cleansing in the morning and evening is a must:

Most importantly, going to sleep without removing your makeup is a huge no-no!

2. Moisturize religiously, every single day:

It’s the most important thing for beautiful skin. Look for products with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, ceramides, emollients.

3. Nourish at night with products that help your skin heal and restore:

Look for products that include; peptides, antioxidants, retinoids, (vitamin A), nourishing oils (olive/avocado/jojoba/argan/shea or cocoa butters).

4. Do an oil cleanse once in a while:

The simpliest way to do it is to clean your face as you always do, then spend 10-15 minutes massaging your skin with the oil of your choice, in circular motions. Once you’re done, take a clean hand towel, dampen it with warm (even slightly hot) water and gently remove the oily residue from your face.

5. Apply serums daily:

Invest in a good serum with a specific function and use it every day before applying your face cream. Once you finish one serum, pick another that targets another skincare problem to help your skin heal in many different ways.

6. Use face masks once/twice a week:

Various face masks can give your skin an extra boost and offer a quick fix for things like dryness, tired or dull-looking skin, too much shyness or irritation.

7. Visit a dermatologist when needed:

If you feel confused with your skin and all the skincare options available out there, it never hurts to consult a professional who can help you guide in the right direction.

8. Treat spots as soon as they pop up:

As soon as you see a pimple or zit coming up, apply an antibacterial spot treatment to prevent it from growing and getting infected. Look for products that contain tea tree oil, salicylic acid, vitamin C, benzoyl peroxide or kaolin clay.

9. Never squeeze blemishes and pimples:

Touching, squeezing, “trying to pop it out” usually just get things worse and can also leave you with scars and pigmentation that is quite hard to get rid of. Instead of touching, apply a spot treatment or concealer that has anti-acne ingredients.

10. Use SPF protection daily:

This is a must even in winter. Sun rays are very harmful to our skin and not only can they age your skin faster, they can also cause skin cancer. To prevent that, simply use SPF cream or lotion every day and reapply every 3-4 hours if you can. You can also find mineral loose powders that contain SPF in it.

11. Steam you face once in a while:

Steaming allows your pores to open up, so it becomes easier to deep clean your skin, and plus all your serums, masks and creams absorb a lot better, It’s a great part of at-home facial and is recommended once a week for most skin types.

12. Exfoliate your skin – gently and regularly:

Depending on your skin type, you may want to do this more or less often, but every skin type benefits from exfoliation. To keep it gentle, look for non-mechanic exfoliators that contain low concentration of glycolic acid, lactic acid or AHA acids.

13. Incorporate oils in your skincare:

Don’t be afraid to use oils, even if you have acne-prone skin. Oils are extremely rich in nutrients, moisturizers, and antioxidants and can offer great value to any skin type.

14. Massage your skin when you apply skincare:

Massaging your skin improves circulation, elasticity and helps prevent sagging. Just remember to do it gently and it’s always a great idea to watch a few videos of professional face massaging to know the best moves.

15. Sleep mostly on your back:

This may not be for everyone, but if you can control it, sleeping on your back is the best position to sleep if you want to protect your skin. Sleeping on your side, or even on your face can promote the formation of wrinkles and saggy skin.

16. Try not to frown too much:

Doing a lot of facial expressions eventually leads to smile wrinkles, forehead wrinkles, and similar winkly stuff. To prevent that, try to keep you face relaxed and naturally resting whenever it’s possible.

17. Use silk or satin pillows:

Silk pillows are wonderful for your skin, especially it it’s sensitive. Silk is a natural and very soft material, therefore your skin gets less irritated at night.

18. Use a humidifier at night (and day if you can!):

One of the fastest ways to lose a ton of moisture in your skin is sitting in a heavily heated area. Sun heat in the summer and heaters in the winter do exactly that. To keep your skin happy and moisture-rich, use a humidifier. You nose will thank you as well!

19. Protect your skin from cold, rain and winds:

Environmental factors can be just as damaging to your skin as pollution. In colder months, protect your skin by choosing thicker products and consider using both liquid foundation and powder foundation to create a sort of “blanket” for your skin (try to keep it natural-looking though!).

20. Drink a lot of water, every day:

It’s hard to keep your skin moist and supple if it’s not hydrated internally. Sip on H20 throughout the day to keep your skin happy and healthy.

21. Eat a healthy, clean diet:

The fastest way to blemishes, acne and dull-looking skin is bad diet, filled with processed foods, trans-fats, and way too much sugar. On the other hand, eating a healthy and clean diet helps your skin detox, regulates the sebum production, feeds the skin and accelerates regeneration.

22. Exercise regularly:

Sometimes are skin breaks out because our body is having a hard time getting rid of various toxins. Exercising is a perfect way to help your bosy because you’re sweating a lot of those toxins out with sweat. Bonus benefits – it makes your body look and feel better!

23. Sleep enough (or more if you can!):

Beauty sleep is not a myth. Our skin regenerates faster in our sleep and starts to look tired when you don’t sleep enough. Get your sleep hours in for great looking skin.

24. Clean your makeup brushes regularly:

Another common reason for breakouts, irritation, skin allergies, and clogged pores – dirty makeup brushes. Make sure to clean them regularly.

25. Choose products that are right for your skin type:

If your skin is dry, but you’re using products formulated for oily skin, it just increases the dryness. Always choose appropriate products for your skin and test it for a few days/weeks before deciding if it’s good for your skin. 

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.