Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Stacked
Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Stacked
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brooklyn chapter.

As much as I love eating nutritious foods, I have an insane sweet tooth as well. Whenever it kicks in or I’m craving some sugar, I usually opt for things like cupcakes or cookies. If this sounds like you, or you want to try out some bakeries, I’ll be sharing my top 4 favorite bakeries along with my favorite item, with the fourth being my most favorite.

Martha’s Country Bakery

Looking for a cake? Maybe just a slice? Cupcakes? Cookies? Brownies? Pies, macaroons, lattes? You name it, Martha’s got it. As soon as you walk into the bakery, you get a whiff of their freshly baked goods, making your mouth water and sweet tooth dance without even realizing it. As you wait in line for your turn, you get a view of the colorful pastries staring back at you just waiting to be purchased. Martha’s ambiance is calm, warm, and welcoming. So, if you are looking for a chill spot, Martha’s may be right for you. Locations are available in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan. 

Personal Favorite: Chocolate Macaroons 

Levain Bakery

Without even stepping into the bakery, you can smell the cookies from a block away, pulling you closer and closer towards them. Levain’s cookies are crisp on the outside and ooey-gooey on the inside with the right amount of chocolate chips. Unfortunately, their signature chocolate chip cookie does come with walnuts. However, their other cookie options are nut-free so you won’t be missing out. Levain Bakery has approximately seven locations across New York. Also, their yummy cookies are sold in grocery stores! How amazing!

Personal Favorite: Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie

Sprinkles Cupcake

If you are looking for mouth-watering cupcakes, Sprinkles is the place for you. Sprinkles’ creamy, rich, and perfectly sweetened freshly baked cupcakes will have you asking for more. They offer nationwide shipping, so you can have a bite of sprinkles wherever you are. They also have a perks program that allows you to earn points, which will then get you free cupcakes! You can also customize cupcakes for special occasions and send them to loved ones in any part of the country. Along with catering events, Sprinkles sells cute DIY home kits where you can get together and decorate cupcakes with friends or family. 

Personal Favorite: The “Black and White” Cupcake

Magnolia Bakery

Where do I start with Magnolia? From their cupcakes and slices of cake to their banana pudding, everything is on point! Magnolia has a very classy look and feels but also gives off a warm and cozy vibe. Their delicious cupcakes are rich, creamy, and smooth with the perfect amount of sweetness. Their cupcakes are not only the irresistible item on their menu. Magnolia’s banana pudding is decadently creamy, with the right amount of fluff and bananas. You can stop after putting one spoon of banana pudding in your mouth because it’s so addicting and will have you coming back for more.

Personal Favorite: Banana pudding 

Give them a try!

Disclaimer: Nishat Bhuiyan and HC Brooklyn are not affiliated with the companies listed.

Hi! My name is Nishat Bhuiyan and I’m currently a junior in Brooklyn College majoring in Human Resource Management. I like maintaining a fit lifestyle, visiting historical places and trying out new restaurants. To me HerCampus is a platform where college women across the country can share their experiences and interact with their respective campus members. It’s like a virtual communtiy of strong and powerful women talking about everything and anything, I mean how much better can it get?
HC Brooklyn