The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

With Mother’s Day only a few days away, here are some last-minute beauty products your Mum will surely be thrilled with this Sunday – on a student’s budget.

Letterbox Flowers: there are a million websites out there that offer flower delivery services, but ‘letterbox flowers’ are a more affordable option, and great if you can’t make the journey home to Mum.

A New Perfume: the GHOST Sweetheart perfume is a tried and true winner in my household, and it’s currently half-price in Boots (which is a bonus!). Its floral yet woody scent is perfect for any woman who loves a more ‘old-school’ scent.

However, if you’re unsure about what direction to take a new perfume, The Fragrance Shop offers a ‘fragrance finder,‘ where you can input your loved one’s signature scent and it will match them with either a perfume with similar notes or encourage them to try something new. It also offers options based on different price ranges! When putting in my Mum’s preferences, it matched her with GHOST’s Deep Night scent, so I’ll have to test that one out.

L’Occitane Hand Cream: This is another firm favourite in my Mum’s handbag, but this practical yet still fashionable gift set is a good choice for Mums that are always on the go. They’re a nice little pick-me-up self-care item that your Mum may not often splurge on for herself. Plus, in my opinion, the Almond scent is absolutely beautiful.

Sol de Janeiro Gift Sets: If your Mum is trendy, she will probably already be aware of this brand that has taken 8-year-olds in Sephora by storm, but that’s not to say that these products aren’t great. Boots offer a small yet premium gift set with a variety of different products to test out their range and, who knows, maybe she’ll fall in love with their viral body butter!

M&S Mother’s Day Beauty Box: Are you uncertain as to what kind of beauty products your Mum likes? Marks and Spencer offer a gift set of different products from different brands for only £30 – with a value of £130! Plus, it comes in a pretty pink box with thankful words printed on the inside.

Clinique’s ‘Almost Lipstick’: Yet another TikTok favourite, this lip product is nourishing and offers a beautiful tint of colour that often appears different on each person’s lips. After the craze over the ‘Black Honey’ colour, Clinique introduced a softer pink colour, aptly titled ‘Pink Honey’.

A Self-Care Night Together: Moving away to university isn’t just hard on students, but on Mums too. Even if you can’t make it home for Sunday, arrange to have a small spa day at home with your Mum – as most mothers would just love to spend time with you. Presents are nice, we all agree, but combining that with quality time is a surefire route to success. Mask bundles and candles are in every beauty shop, so get some of those and pick up the phone to call your Mum – whether she’s a short walk away or halfway across the world.

This list isn’t exhaustive but serves as a reminder to be kind to your Mum on Mother’s Day (and every other day) and that unconditional love is the ultimate gift you could ever give her – but a small token of your appreciation is unlikely to go amiss.

3rd year BSc Marketing student at the University of Bristol. I spend far too much time watching motorsports, trying to manipulate my Spotify Wrapped & making jewellery.