This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

It’s that time of year again: time to don your waviest garms and your freshest creps and gallavant around a field for an entire weekend. That’s right, Love Saves the Day is upon us. For most in Bristol, (sorry if you’ve still got exams) LSTD is the ultimate end of year event. You’ve heard people discussing pre-drinks plans in the ASS, Clifton & Stoke Bishop Tickets has well and truly kicked off, and you’re counting down the days until you hit up Eastville Park (it’s 3!).

But when it comes to makeup, why risk ruining your edgy Bristol look by panicking, hapharzardly chucking glitter down one side of your face, and hoping for the best? Why not get creative and jazz it up a little? My friend and I have kindly taken it upon ourselves to give an example to inspire and help you along your way (you’re welcome). I’ll talk you through the stages.

1.)  Get yourself to Wilko’s. Naturally, being a magical, mystical emporium of cheap crap, the arts and crafts section of Wilkos had everything I could have wished for. Spending a grand total of £2.75, I purchased enough glitter and gems to take me (and a few others) through the entirety of LSTD (who knows, maybe they’ll even stretch to Cirque).

Photo credit: Danni Goodwin

2.)  Scavenge around your house a little for some kind of makeshift adhesives. I’m thinking Vaseline, I’m thinking eyelash glue.

3.)  Unleash your creativity. We’ve given you quite a bold example and a tamer one, so it depends what kind of gal you are. The way I see it, the sparklier and the crazier the better!

Photo credit: Danni Goodwin

Photo credit: Danni Goodwin

Photo credit: Danni Goodwin

Photo credit: Danni Goodwin

Good luck & no cultural appropriation please!

Danni is the Beauty Editor of Her Campus Bristol. She is a third year English student hoping to have a career in the fashion and beauty industry. Never seen without winged eyeliner, avid Vogue collector.
Her Campus magazine