This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Clifton is probably my favourite part of Bristol. With its terraced town houses and leafy courtyards, Clifton is the perfect place to go for laid back afternoon. Whilst there are a whole host of things to do, I’m hoping this little guide will give you a starting point for your explorations.

For shopping, the Clifton Arcade is home to plenty of sweet little boutiques. If you’re a true vintage fan several shops offer an enviable selection of clothes and accessories from across the decades. With new stock arriving every week, there’s an absolute trove of potential items (vintage furniture, antiques and upcycled knickknacks are also available in abundance). For food, the famous Primrose Café, situated at the front of the arcade, beckons with promises of tea, fresh cakes and unbeatable brunches. The Arcade is the perfect place to window shop and enjoy some pretty architecture.

If you feel like treating yourself, or indeed have grown bored of the culinary delights that Sainsbury’s has to offer, head to the Arch House Deli on Boyces Avenue. This deli/café offers a range of delicious products from French lemonade to some rather nifty tea flavours (maybe it’s time you branched out from Yorkshire breakfast and Earl Grey?). The deli counter is packed with tasty morsels, freshly made sandwiches, tarts and pies. If you’re staying for lunch try the Deli Pizza – a delicious and light choice. Head here for a fantastic place to sit and watch the comings and goings of Clifton Village.

The Clifton Suspension Bridge is of course a must-see for any true Bristolian. If, however, you have grown tired from your wanderings, grab a drink in the White Lion at the Avon Gorge Hotel. The roof terrace offers arguably the best view of the suspension bridge and the breath-taking gorge beneath it. Take advantage of the weekday student deals between 12 and 7pm for a tasty pub meal, and as drinks are on the pricey side.

The final destination on this (by no means exhaustive) guide to Clifton is of course, the Cori Tap. Known throughout the student population, the Cori Tap is an absolute must for all visitors to Clifton. Hidden away at the end of Sion Place, this pub is world renowned for its very own Exhibition cider. Legend has it this cider is brewed in bath tubs under the bar. Sold only in half pints, Exhibition is pretty potent; the key to survival is to pace yourself! Often hosting local bands and artists, the Cori Tap has a fantastic atmosphere and is a brilliant place to go with a group of friends for a drink. Be warned though, it does tend to fill up quickly, so get there early.

70s music, 80s films, 90s fashion