This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

1. Carve a pumpkin

Not only are pumpkins reasonably cheap, they are also a hilarious way to get creative; whether you’re seriously arty or it turns into a pile of orange mush, pumpkin carving is a great Autumnal night in. Stick on some tunes and crack open the wine too!

(Image: Designbolts)

2. Watch a scary movie

Don’t be a scardy cat – horror movies are a great way to get your flat together and huddle under a blanket with some popcorn. There’s something for everyone, from the comic Sean of the Dead to the dark Pan’s Labrynth (pictured) or the disturbing but brilliant Babadook

(Image: Mental Floss)

3. Halloween baking

A quick Google will lead you to loads of yummy Halloween recipes. For example, pumpkin piecupcakes, or Tanya Burr’s pumpkin cake pops!

4. Visit a haunted location

Bristol has numerous spots rumoured to be haunted by ghosts. These include the Odeon cinema on Union Street (where someone was shot in 1946, pictured), Arnos Vale Cemetry and even the Suspension Bridge (!), where pedestrians have reportedly seen the spirit of the bridge’s designer, Brunel. 

(Image: flikr)

5. Make Halloween cocktails

If you don’t fancy going to an overpriced Halloween event, invite your mates round and get stuck in making cocktails. Check out this Sweet Poison recipe or this fruit punch concoction. 

(Image: Crafthub)

Happy Halloween from Her Campus Bristol!

Abbie is Lifestyle Editor for HC Bristol, currently studying English at the University of Bristol.
Her Campus magazine