Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video

Who is Daisy Jones & the Six?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brighton chapter.

If you are looking for a TV show to binge over this weekend then the Prime video series, Daisy Jones & the Six have released their final episodes and it is something you definitely want to know about. The show is based on the 2017 novel authored by Taylor Jenkins Reid, which follows a 70’s fictional rock band that some would say has drawn inspiration from the infamous Fleetwood Mac. Unfortunately, the original production was halted due to the pandemic however the wait was worthwhile as I am now going to digest the plot, cast and Fleetwood Mac rumours for you in order to showcase how great of a show and book Daisy Jones & the Six is.

Riley Keough in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video

The Plot

Both the book and the series follows the life story of Daisy Jones as she attempts to navigate the ’70s-rock scene. Starting by showing glimpses of her life as a child which highlights the clear talent Daisy possesses as a singer, the story tells us how Daisy finds herself joining the fictional band The Six which is headed by the character Billy Dunne. Alongside the rest of band members, as well as Billy’s girlfriend Camila, us viewers witness the highs and lows of rock band life alongside interpersonal and musical conflicts mixed with battles of substance abuse.

If you were a fan of the novel then you will see in the show that the plot is pretty much identical. When making the show, the creators told Vanity Fair that their goal was “figuring out how to make the experience of watching it the same as we had when we read it”. Whether you read or watch the show first, the structure of the story was maintained which focuses on each band member looking back at their youth and their time performing from the future.

Lacey Terrell / Prime Video

The cast

The cast of Daisy Jones & the Six is something as great as the show itself. Daisy Jones character is played by Riley Keough who has been in a number of films and shows and is also a descendent of Elvis Presley. Sam Claflin who you may notably know from the Hunger Games, plays Billy Dunne. In preparation for their lead roles, Keough and Claflin spent extensive time learning music in order to play their roles. Other cast members included Sebastian Chacon as Warren, Suki Waterhouse as Karen, Will Harrison as Graham and Josh Whitehouse as Eddie.

The Rumours

Although avid Fleetwood Mac fans like myself can spot many parallels between Daisy Jones & the Six and the iconic band, the book and the show are not the bio-series many fans are craving. I think it is fair to say that some inspiration was taken from Fleetwood Mac (especially drawing from their album Rumours) and well the 70’s rock scene as a whole.

Maybe Daisy Jones & the Six will be your next Sunday night watch or even your late night read!

Lacey Terrell/Prime Video
milly struthers

Brighton '23

I am a female van traveller with the desire to explore the world and interact with a range of people and engulf myself in new cultures. Reflecting shared female and queer issues across all race and ethnicities within my articles Creating a safe and open space in my writing where individuals can relate or emphasis with what is being written and most importantly feel connected and that their not alone in their experiences.