Wingingit
Wingingit
Neula Ha/ Her Campus Media
Style > Fashion

What’s Hot For Spring & Summer 2022

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brighton chapter.

Spring is fast approaching ladies, the weather is getting warmer and the sun is out for longer which means it’s time to put away our coats and show some skin. Next month parts of the UK are forecast to have hot temperatures as high as 28C so, if you’re stuck on what’s hot for this year’s heatwave, here’s some insight into what I think everyone is going to be wearing this spring and summer season.

midi & maxi skirts

2022 is back down the ‘boho chic’ and ‘70s hippie” route. Short skirts are out, and longer skirts are in. The wonderful thing about this trend is there are no rules that come along with it; any pattern, any style, any colour, anything goes. Whether you’re chucking a skirt on over your bikini at the beach or dressing it up for a dinner date, I find long skirts have much more use than a mini one.

Here are links to some of my faves:

Topshop side split midi skirt in mid blue (£36)

Urban Thread layered skirt co-ord in white (£35)

Wednesday’s Girl midi skirt in orange floral (£18)

Pinterest, Who What Wear UK
Cargo trousers

I think this next trend is an obvious one based on what we’ve seen through the winter seasons, it seems cargo trousers are going to stick around for a while. This year cargo trousers have become hugely popular with most shops stocking and creating their own variations of the trend. Along with the classic ‘worker style’ cargos, a lot of places have branched into what is being known as ‘tech pants’ or ‘military trousers’ which can be adjusted at both the waist and ankle by drawstrings and create a balloon effect on the legs. The common thing between most of these styles is that the low waist seems to be making a comeback, although if that’s a bit out of your comfort zone there are so many high waisted options out there. For the summer season I recommend trying out some lighter colours, trust me when I say white pair of cargo’s will become your new summer staple.

Here are some of my faves:

COLLUSION ultimate low rise cargo trouser in khaki camo print (£30.99)

Roadies cargo trousers co-ord in light pink (£30)

Ed Hardy UO Exclusive White Cargo Pants (£70)

Pinterest, user @elisekrijt
Light knit and crochet

Knitwear is rarely something you think of wearing in the warmer weather for obvious reasons but in the upcoming spring-summer season I’m seeing a clear obsession with all things crochet and light knit. I’ve seen it in everything; tops, dresses, jumpers, skirts even bags and accessories! The lightweight and breathable fabrics make perfect beach coverups for your long-awaited holidays and the different patterns can add a gorgeous splash of colour to any outfit.

Here are some of my faves:

ASOS DESIGN open stitch jumper with stripe pattern in white (£28)

UO Lace Tie-Front Top (£32)

Bershka open back knitted mini dress in multi stripe (£27.99)

Pinterest, ASOS

These trend predictions are just based on what I’ve been seeing in public and on social media, fashion is an expression of yourself so of course, wear whatever you like and feel most comfortable in. But ladies let’s welcome the spring and summer of 2022 – it’s out with the old and in with the new.

Grace Davies

Brighton '23

In my very short 20 years of life, I like to think I’ve learnt a few things along the way. Consider me your new Carrie Bradshaw, all things fashion, sex and relationships. I want to create an open space where young woman can share their experiences so they know they aren’t alone in the world of university and life in your 20s. I’m a self-proclaimed shopaholic but in the best kind of way! I’ll share all my thrifting secrets and explore the upcoming fashion trends for 2022.