This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brighton chapter.

First off let’s start with the bed. Its where you get your much needed ZZZs (at uni, any kip you can get is a bonus). Holiday themed bedsheets are my go-to, but any in your favourite colour or fabric works! Shops like Primark and Asda are ideal for finding ones with fun patterns and characters. Whether you’re a Harry Potter fan or a huge lover of Disney, there will be something for you! 

Don’t forget matching fluffy blankets, cushions and cuddly toys for a more homey feel and you’ve got the comfiest bed ever – enough to make it to the interior aesthetic board on Pinterest. If you’ve brought that one well-loved childhood teddy with you, let them have a pride of place on your bed. I know mine does!

If you have shelves, be sure to invest in cute ornaments, fake flowers, books etc. This room is yours for at least 8 months, so you want to be surrounded by things that help you feel at home. Why not even dress your room up for the holidays? Tinsel, a mini tree, and baubles are perfect this time of year!

My personal bedroom staple: FAIRY LIGHTS. They can hang over your bed, around your mirror or even by your window. They set a cosy, even romantic mood (ideal for date night) and are cheap from places like Poundland. Choose from many different shapes, from generic to snowflakes, little ghosties and even love hearts!

Utilise your pinboard! This can be used for concert tickets, discount cards for various bars, clubs and food joints (my number 1 student perk). You can also include photos of you and your friends, important messages, your schedule and random little momentos! You can also use your desk and windowsill to display framed photos, your favourite books and small plants that you bought specially to brighten up your room! Your room is yours, make it a haven, cave, den, whatever you want! 

Hi! I'm 22 years old and I am studying Politics, Sexuality and Gender at University of Brighton. When I'm not studying, you'll find me hanging with my friends, watching movies and listening to music (especially Taylor Swift!)