Things You Can Do This Valentine’s Day if You Don’t Have a Bae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

1. Treat yourself.

Who says you can’t treat yourself every now and then? Plus, Valentine’s Day is on a Wednesday this year, so spoil yourself. Make yourself a delicious dinner and send yourself some flowers from one of those flower delivery companies. You deserve to feel special, and it is perfectly okay if you want to spoil yourself. You have worked hard this week, and there’s nothing wrong with a little boost to help you make it through the week.

2. Have a movie night.

It’s time to get that popcorn popping and fire up a flick. Whether watching one of Netflix’s newly released movies or catching the latest “50 Shades of Gray” movie in theaters, you can’t possibly go wrong with a movie. Indulge in those sweets and love yourself. Who knows, maybe you’ll find your new celebrity crush in that movie.

3. Have a guys or girls night.

Get together with your other single friends. There is never anything wrong with that. You can spend the night venting about all of the happy couples you see walking down the street or just having a ball. If you are hanging with your closest friends, that’s all you really need. Especially when they can make you feel loved more than anyone else.

4. Go find a party.

If you are staying on campus, find a party nearby. Some campuses are even hosting Valentine’s Day parties of their own. Take Brenau for example. Alpha Chi Omega is hosting a Sock Hop on the 13 and your very Her Campus Chapter is having a party in the SUB on the 14. Go have fun. You deserve it.

5. Love yourself.

Probably the best thing you can do when your single on Valentine’s Day is to love yourself. There is nothing wrong with that, now is there? We all deserve to feel loved, and if that means bringing it to yourself to make yourself feel loved, do it. I applaud every single one of you who go out there or stay in and show yourself some love.

6. Countdown the hours.

What is the one day in February that every single looks forward to? That’s right: February 15. Why is that? All candy is half priced. So go ahead. Countdown those hours until the 15, and then go indulge on some of that delicious chocolate for only half of the price that a non-single person would be indulging on that same day.

Avery Dill

Brenau '21

I am a Mass Communications major and Music minor sophomore/junior at Brenau University. I am also the Senior Editor for the HC Brenau chapter,  an HC Campus Trendsetter, HC Chapter Advisor, and an HC Campus Expansion Assistant.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!