This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

What is One Love?

You may have never heard of these amazing people, but according to their website, joinonelove.org they are a group that specializes “in educating young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships.” They are working towards showing people what the signs of abuse, emotional and physical, sexual harassment, and harassment.

How Do They Help?

They offer different workshops and classes that you can set up for your community, or school. For example, they have a workshop called “The Escalation Workshop”, it involves a film-screening and then an open forum discussion where you can ask questions. Another example is the “#ThatsNotLove” class, that gives the signs of an abusive relationship, but also shows a person the thin line between love and control. On their main website they also have several articles of spotting the signs of a healthy and unhealthy relationship, but they also have a blog where people can bring their own stories and experiences up, give opinions, ask questions and so on.

To Support:

You can pledge to #LoveBetter and buy merchandise, that includes stickers, buttons, tshirts, and sweatshirts.

DO SOME RESEARCH!

You could be in a toxic relationship with a S.O. or friend and not even realize it.

Blake Barnes

Brenau '22

I am a freshman psychology major on the Brenau Her Campus Writing Team