"New Year, New Diet?"

Posted -

“New Year, New Diet?” 

Image result for healthy foodHello 2018, I’ve been waiting for you some time now and I am more than excited that you are here. Well, since it’s a new year, I figured that I would try to better some new things and try new things that just may benefit me. I’ve never really been one to eat the healthiest but I was always active and I still am. As a dancer, you’re told that you should maintain a healthy and stereotypical “dancer’s body.” When I was in high school, I would always try my hardest to maintain a “dancer’s body” and truth is I never had it. But, growing up into adulthood now, I realize just because I’m not the slimmest dancer does not mean I am not maintaining a healthy diet. The crazy thing is that I would always eat anything that I wanted no matter the time of the day and I would just go work out so hard because I never wanted to put on any extra weight. I would always wonder why I could never reach the perfect dancer’s body, but now I am a little bit more interested in maintain good health.  So, instead of eating whatever and whenever I want, this year I am going to try to maintain a healthier diet. Now, whenever I decide that I want a quick snack, I will choose an apple over Cheetos. I will still workout weekly but I am going to stop eating past a certain time and I will actually eat more. Instead of just eating cereal once a day then going through the rest of the day without eating, I will have a schedule for my eating times and what I should exactly eat. My dance instructor, my father, my friends, my boyfriend, and most of all my mother, would always get onto me about how I am not eating or not eating enough and I would never hear the end of how not eating regularly isn’t healthy for me. So 2018, I have vowed to myself to have a healthier diet and I am excited for the outcomes. 

Close-up of Food

Azayla B. Rodriguez

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login