My Favorite Things About Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

1. Christmas movies are amazing.

Everyone loves a good Christmas movie, and Christmas movies are my absolute favorite. My favorites are probably the Hallmark movies. Do they all end the same? Basically, but that’s okay because it’s Christmas.

2. White Christmases are the best.

I grew up in Massachusetts, so of course, I have to mention a white Christmas. If you have never been up north for Christmas, then you have not experienced a true Christmas. The joy of building snowmen and making snow angels is the best.

3. You can go caroling.

Christmas carols are gorgeous and so much fun, but when you go caroling, it just makes it that much better. It just adds a whole new level of joyfulness to the already cheery air.

4. You can actually watch A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Who doesn’t love Charlie Brown? I mean, Charlie Brown is a classic, and Christmas time is the one time you can actually watch A Charlie Brown Christmas without getting judged or looked at like you’re a crazy person. Am I a crazy person? Yes, but I don’t feel like being seen at my full craziness capacity. I don’t know you, but that just isn’t me.

5. Even the Christmas songs are perfect.

Of course, you can listen to Christmas songs whenever, but people are probably going to look at you like you have nine heads, so I personally hold out until December to get my Christmas tunes on. We all have our favorite Christmas tunes to jam out to, and my favorite is a tie between All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey and Last Christmas by Ashley Tisdale. I know it may not seem like there is much of a competition, but I love them both equally. Honestly, I secretly listen to both all year round because of how much I love those songs.

Avery Dill

Brenau '21

I am a Mass Communications major and Music minor sophomore/junior at Brenau University. I am also the Senior Editor for the HC Brenau chapter,  an HC Campus Trendsetter, HC Chapter Advisor, and an HC Campus Expansion Assistant.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!