This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.
Meet the President of Tau Sigma, Brenau University’s Dance Fraternity. Shanik is known around campus for her amazing dance moves and getting her business handled better than Olivia Pope! With a passion for dancing, Shanik is meant to be the President of such a great dance team!
Name: Shanik Moore
Graduating Year: 2016
Major: Dance Education

What made you want to pursue a career in dancing ? 
I wanted to pursue a career in dance because it is my passion. After considering all the possible majors, dance education was the only major that best fit me. Dance allows me to be free from the problems of life and gives me a voice as an artist . 

Who is your biggest inspiration? 
My biggest inspiration is my mother, Letondrea Moore. She is a woman of God, a lover of the arts, and a wonderful role model. One of the things I truly admire about her is her remarkable ability to do a million things at once and never get stressed out. Just always walks in peace.

What are your plan after college? 
After college I plan to perform with a professional company or traveling show. After experience I plan to go into the public schools as a dance educator. I also desire to be a rehearsal director for a company.  

What are some of the things you do when you are not dancing? 
When I am not dancing I try to relax as much as possible. As a dance major my life is spent in the studios, so any chance to relax and clear my mind I take it. I enjoy listening to music and shopping. 
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!