Into the Woods: A Review of Dominick’s in IBS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Right by Sachar Woods, hidden away in the halls of the Brandeis University International Business School lies a wondrous and delicious café – Dominick’s. A transplant of the Main Street sandwich shop carrying the same name,  Dominick’s in IBS is Brandeis’s best-kept secret. A feeding ground for business and finance graduate students and professors, this little café is open to undergraduates as well. If you’re tired of the same Usdan burritos or Sherman burgers, then Dominick’s can definitely give your daily food routine a kick.

Today for lunch, I decided to venture to Dominick’s on my break from work at the Pepperberg Parrot Lab. After a quick five-minute walk away from the Shapiro Campus Center, I was transported into the world of IBS. Being
familiar with the tasty café in the building, I went up to the second floor to fulfill my sandwich craving. As a side note, Dominick’s is probably my favorite sandwich shop in the area because all of the ingredients are always fresh.

I ordered my usual pick: the Salmon Caprese sandwich, a sandwich with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and Norwegian smoked salmon. To drink, I grabbed the San Pellegrino soda, although I had a tough time deciding between the wide variety of sodas, juices, and hot teas that the place had to offer. I was also ready to empty my wallet on some of the other menu items such as the Nutella croissant, chocolate cheesecake, chicken Parmesan sandwich, and the burrito. With so many different options, it
was tough to decide, although this probably means that I just have to come back again to try everything, which I most certainly will do.

Dominick’s usually operates from 9 AM – 7 PM, so be sure to grab a lunch or a quick bite if you want to try off campus food on campus. The one downside of this café is that it only accepts credit card or cash, but I guarantee that it worth the money!