This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Second is summer winding down which means that fall is just around the corner. The temperature is dropping, the leaves are changing colors, and we’re all getting settled in our new college routine. Here are a few tips and tricks to get you from the summer sun to the fall festivities. 

Transitional Tip #1 – Layers:

With the temperature rising and falling throughout the day, you need to be able to adjust. Lower Usdan and the library are warm but it’s cool outside. Layer your clothes and maybe keep a cardigan or scarf in your bag to keep you comfy on the go. 

(pc: Pexels)

Transitional Tip #2 – Fall colors:

Find shades with fall undertones such as mustard yellow, maroon, and orange to transition your look from the bright colors of summer to the softer ones of fall. 

(pc: Pexels)

Transitional Tip #3 – Pumpkin everything:

Want to put yourself in the fall mood? Head over to Starbucks and pick up a pumpkin spice latte. In more of a snacking mood? Grab a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin or a pumpkin bagel from Einsteins. Plus, to spice things up in your room, invest in some pumpkin hand sanitizer, soap, and candles (if you live off campus, of course). 

(pc: Pexels)

Transitional Tip #4 – Spice up your social media:

Transition your insta feed too. Go to honeypot orchard and get that pic every vsco girl wants. Don’t forget your booties, jeans, sweater, plaid scarf and maybe even a cute hat for style.

(pc: Pexels)

Interested in just how to stay on top of the fall 2019 trends? Tune back in next week for an article on how to do just that! 

Hannah Novack

Brandeis '22

Hannah Novack is a sophomore at Brandeis University where she is majoring in Psychology and Education and minoring in Anthropology. In addition to Her Campus, Hannah is also involved with the Undergraduate Theater Collective where she is currently rehearsing for Little Women as well as Adagio where she is dancing hip hop and Fosse. Hannah hopes to have a career involving children and wishes that her articles bring joy and enlightenment to all who choose to read.
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.