Top Ten Iconic Parent Trap Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

The 1998 remake of ‘The Parent Trap,’ starring Lindsay Lohan was possibly the most iconic movie of our childhoods. To highlight its genius, here are the 10 most iconic moments of the movie!

1. When Lindsay Lohan fences HERSELF!

1. When the girls float Meredith’s bed onto a lake.

3. This iconic exchange:

Hallie: You wanna know the *real* difference between us?

Annie: Let me see… I know how to fence and you don’t… Or I have class and you don’t. Take your pick.

Hallie: Why I oughta!

4. When these teenage girls carried out the most well-executed prank in camp history.  

5. When Hallie and Annie finally figure out that they’re twins.

6. When they invented everyone’s go-to snack; Oreos and Peanut butter.

7. When Hallie shocked Annie with the winning poker hand.

8. The ear piercing scene that equally horrified and inspired all of us.

9. When the Dad and Meredith have the most savage break up ever.

10. When Chessy and the Grandpa figured out that the girls had switched places BEFORE THEIR ACTUAL PARENTS DO    

Although nothing nearly as iconic as these moments happened in my teenage years, I think it is safe to say that we all strive to be as amazing as this movie one day.

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!