With all of the wonderful things that summer brings comes the reality that it is going to get quite hot outside! Thankfully, there’s a fantastic (and delicious) way to cool down! That’s right, I’m talking about whipping out your blender and making a smoothie. Here are some of my favorite summer recipes:

1. The Classic Strawberry Banana

Simply add 1 frozen banana (they key word here is “frozen”) and about six or seven strawberries (again, preferably frozen) to half a cup of orange juice, water, or the milk of your choice.

2. Amazing Acai

Mix some frozen (or powdered) acai with 1 frozen banana, a handful of cherries, and a few strawberries. Pour in some coconut water and you’ve got yourself an invigorating smoothie!

3. Beets Don’t Kale My Vibe

For an even healthier spin on a smoothie, try a Vitamin C- enhanced juice! Simply add 1 apple, half a cup of orange juice, half a beet, and a handful of kale to make a refreshing drink.

4. Beautiful Berries

Not only are berries delicious, but they are also antioxidant filled and excellent for clear summer skin. For this recipe, combine 1 frozen banana, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and about 4-5 strawberries in your blender. Add your choice of milk (I love almond milk) or coconut water. Then throw in a teaspoon of almond or peanut butter for some extra protein!

5. Cocoa Delight

Have a sweet tooth? Then you must try this fantastic shake! Mix 1 cup of almond milk, 1 ½ frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, and a tablespoon of almond/ peanut butter. Then crush some semi-sweet chocolate chips and add them to the already blended smoothie. Mix it all together with a spoon for some crunchy, chocolatey goodness. For an even more picture-perfect smoothie, top it off with some shredded coconut flakes and cocoa nibs. 

Wishing you “smoothie sailing”!

Becca is a health-enthusiast, writer, and college student. She is originally from South Florida and is currently studying at Brandeis University. She also blogs for Huffington Post, enjoys running + yoga, and lives for the beach.