Splurge or Save: Sunglasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Next to Raybans, Karen Walker Sunglasses are some of the hottest sunnies on the scene. They are oversized, come in fabulous shapes, and flatter any face. The only aspect about these shades that isn’t so chic is the price. The average pair of Karen Walker Sunglasses runs about $250, which is by no means cheap. Since I have a horrible track record of losing my sunglasses, I refuse to spend lots of money them. Also, sunglasses (for the most part) are a trendy accessory. Unlike certain handbags that will never go out of style, sunnnies are constantly changing color and shape. In order to keep up with the evolving styles I like to buy inexpensive ones. This particular season I had my eye on the Karen Walker “Super Duper Strength Sunglasses.” I searched relentlessly for the perfect look alike online and in stores. This past weekend I struck pay dirt—I found a pair from Forever 21 that were a spinning image of the ones I was looking for and for a fraction of the price… Can you say no brainer? I practically sprinted to the cash register to buy these babies! Needless to say, I walked out of the store feeling like I had won a trophy for best bargain hunter, which proves that when there is a will there is most definitely a way. Fashion Mission accomplished! 

Karen Walker Super Duper Strength Sunglasses $280

Forever 21 Round Frame Sunglasses $5.80

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.