Sam Terris ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Major/Minor: Comparative literature/ Hispanic studies
Hometown: Concord, MA

Brandeis:

What are you involved with on campus?

My extracurriculars are dwindling by the semester, but I still help out with the ELL (english language learner) program. My student, Guadalupe, is an absolute gem. Look out for her in Gosman and say “hi,” you won’t regret it.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Brandeis?
I’ve taken a handful of awesome classes here, but my favorite is probably Short Story in Russia. Professor Feuer Miller is one of a kind- super insightful and facilitates a great discussion.

Favorite place to eat on campus: I usually wait in line for Marie and get a sandwich.

Favorite place to eat off campus: If I were to go off campus, I’d either make the trek to Porter Square and get a burrito from Anna’s Taqueria or I’d head back to Concord and get some pizza from Sorrentos. Depends on the kind of day it is.

Dating:

Relationship status: I’m lucky to have found myself a Brandeis cutie of my own…

What do you look for in a girl?
Pretty standard interests- a good sense of humor and someone who’s up for an adventure.

What’s your biggest turn off?
Biggest turn off is a snorer for sure…

What’s your ideal date?

An ideal date would probably be just getting in a car and driving somewhere; I guess having no set destination and just wingin’ it. But I’m open to other ideas

Favorites:

Favorite food: Tortellini pizza. It combines a few of my favorites

Favorite sports team: Red sox

Favorite movie: The Sting

Favorite song: The Weight by The Band

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.