This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hi Ladies! I hope each of you had a lovely summer – I certainly did. Some of you may have followed my articles last year, and some of you may be new readers. Either way, Her Campus Brandeis is awesome, and I am so excited about all of the amazing articles that will be posted this school year!

My interests include health, nutrition, and the environment. As a result of my desire to eat well and be healthy, I reduced my red meat consumption about one year ago. Shortly thereafter, I cut out chicken and turkey and became a pescatarian (a vegetarian who eats fish). After a few months I became a vegetarian, and one month later I became a vegan. I have now been a vegan for eight months, and I can honestly say that I have never felt better!

My aim is to inspire Her Campus readers to eat foods and engage in activities that help them feel and look great! This year, I plan to write about:
• How veganism has become a trend among college-age students.
• How you can make the vegan lifestyle work for you while in college.
• How vegan diets help lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) according to research.
• How vegan diets can help with allergies.
• Many athletes who feel that their vegan diets significantly help their performances.

I hope you are as excited to read my articles as I am to write them!
(To access previous articles that I have written, click here.)

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” –Jim Rohn

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.