Hi Ladies! I hope each of you had a lovely summer – I certainly did. Some of you may have followed my articles last year, and some of you may be new readers. Either way, Her Campus Brandeis is awesome, and I am so excited about all of the amazing articles that will be posted this school year!
My interests include health, nutrition, and the environment. As a result of my desire to eat well and be healthy, I reduced my red meat consumption about one year ago. Shortly thereafter, I cut out chicken and turkey and became a pescatarian (a vegetarian who eats fish). After a few months I became a vegetarian, and one month later I became a vegan. I have now been a vegan for eight months, and I can honestly say that I have never felt better!
My aim is to inspire Her Campus readers to eat foods and engage in activities that help them feel and look great! This year, I plan to write about:
• How veganism has become a trend among college-age students.
• How you can make the vegan lifestyle work for you while in college.
• How vegan diets help lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) according to research.
• How vegan diets can help with allergies.
• Many athletes who feel that their vegan diets significantly help their performances.
I hope you are as excited to read my articles as I am to write them!
(To access previous articles that I have written, click here.)
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” –Jim Rohn