This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

So, it’s the end of the semester and all you want is to kiss school goodbye and go home to your dog, your mom, and your bed. Each day feels like an effort to get yourself to do the things that you’d been doing throughout the entire semester with minimal problems. Things like going to class, writing papers, and eating in the dining halls take more effort than they ever have before and all you want is the suffering to end. But alas, there are still a few weeks left and we all have to get through. Here are some tips for getting through that end of the semester burnout and enjoying the last weeks of the semester:

1. Prioritize time with your friends. Remember, once you’re home for break you’re going to miss the heck out of them so appreciate them while you’re still here! Maybe organize bigger friend dinners or spend some one on one time with someone you haven’t hung out with in a while. Soak up the friend vibes!

2. Set yourself a schedule and write down absolutely EVERYTHING that you need to get done before the end of the semester. This can help you visualize that the end is, in fact, within sight. It also can give you motivation as you begin to check things off and realize that you’re making progress. 

3. Spend time in your favorite places on campus. One of my personal favorties are the Skyline lounges with killer views of the city.  

4. Get the last of your favorite on-campus snacks… if you have the points, that is. To be honest, the food situation and Brandeis can be pretty dire, but there are definitely some snacks here that I miss when I go home. For instance, the vegetable gyozas from the upper sushi section and Einstein’s bagels. 

5. If the end of semester burnout and need to go home are hitting particularly hard, simply take a deep breath and write down a list of the things about school that you’re grateful for. This can help remind us that, even though we’re dying to go home, there are always things to be grateful for in the present moment. 

Linnea Pejcha

Brandeis '22

Linnea is a freshman at Brandeis University majoring in *maybe* sociology and creative writing. In her free time she can be found binge reading fantasy novels and sitting in coffee shops drinking (probably too much) coffee.
Emily Rae Foreman is a senior at Brandeis University studying Internationals and Global (IGS) studies with a double minor in Economics and Anthropology. She has been acting President of Her Campus Brandeis for two years, as well as a tour guide, an Undergraduate Department Representative for IGS, A writer for the Brandeis Politics Journal and Vice President of the Brandeis Society for International Affairs.