Liana Moss ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Liana Moss

Year: 2017

Hometown: Agoura Hills, California

Majors: B.S. in Health: Science, Society, and Policy (HSSP) and B.A. in Politics

Her Campus: What attracted you to Brandeis?

Liana Moss: I knew that I wanted to go to a smaller liberal arts school, and I also wanted a great science education and the opportunity to play softball, so Brandeis was perfect for those three things. 

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

LM: I’m a member of the Women’s Varsity Softball team and the President of DPhiE. I’m also a bystander trainer, a student ambassador for the Brandeis National Committee, and an Orientation Leader. I was also in Liquid Latex this year!

HC: What has been your favorite Brandeis memory so far?

LM: Unfortunately, the best stories can’t be shared in a public article, but I think one of my favorites would have to be when a bunch of us ditched class one day during the last week of school freshman year and went to the beach.

HC: What advice do you have for incoming first years?

LM: I think the biggest thing is to just be yourself. I think it’s really easy in college to get caught up in wanting to fit it and be like everybody else, and to fit into a mold that isn’t necessarily your own. But I think college is the most beautiful microcosms of people that you’re going to find: you’re going to find people who are like you, so why not just be yourself and enjoy it that way?

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

LM: Hopefully I’ll be working for the government in some way in health policy and solving inequalities in some capacity. I’d like to have lived in New York City, and at that time maybe starting a family and having a significant other, but all of that stuff comes with time. And I’ll definitely have at least four dogs.

Quick Facts:

Something Most People Don’t Know About Me: I have seen every Leonardo DiCaprio movie ever made

Favorite Movie: Either The Wolf of Wall Street or The Departed

Favorite Spot on Campus: Polaris Lounge. Some of my best memories from Brandeis are being in Polaris Lounge playing ping-pong and watching baseball with my guy friends.

Favorite Song: “The Rising” by Bruce Springsteen

Favorite Boston Attraction: Fenway

Favorite Class at Brandeis: Racial/Ethnic and Gender Inequalities in Health and Healthcare

Prized Possession: My softball glove. I’ve had it since sophomore year of high school and I have a lot of really great memories tied to it. It’s something I’m going to have for the rest of my life and it’s tied to a passion of mine.

Mya is a sophomore at Brandeis University. She is an Education major with minors in African and Afro-American Studies and Anthropology. When she’s not writing, you can find Mya playing for the Brandeis women’s soccer team or attempting to navigate Boston. She also enjoys dancing and is a firm believer that what she lacks in technique she can make up in enthusiasm. She’s originally from sunny South Florida and can frequently be seen sporting her winter coat indoors. Follow her on Instagram @myagoodman for sporadic postings of her life!
I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.