Ladies, get a leg up on the competition with ‘Luscious Legs and Arm Candy’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Even though summer is over, it does not mean that trying to get that lean, toned body is. If you ever want to feel that burn after 10 minutes, this is your lucky year. The fall semester is back in session and Brandeis University is offering many new fitness classes.

One of the hottest new classes offered twice a week is “Luscious Legs and Arm Candy.” The class, taught by Liza Ansher, is held Tuesday, 8-9 p.m., and Sunday, 6-7 p.m., in the Gosman Health and Fitness Center.

This class will definitely cause all of the core muscles in your legs to burn in a matter of minutes. The class begins with simple cardio but soon the intensity picks up with exercises that target specific muscles, primarily in the thighs. As the repetitions increases, so does the speed of the workout.

After just the first 10 minutes one could hear all the panting and tired sighs coming from some of the girls, but the upbeat remixed music and the instructor’s enthusiasm allowed all of us to persevere into the next set of exercises.

Each set of exercises is immediately followed by short intervals of light cardio, whether they are jumping jacks, the grapevine or even jogging in place. There is never a dull moment in this class thanks to the music and the exercises!

For toning the arms, boxing moves such as “the hook and the jab” are incorporated into mini routines that are quickened to increase the breathing rate. Each of these boxing moves is then followed by squats, high kicks or lunges.

Toward the end of the class, you create a routine that incorporates all of the moves used earlier in class, which will positively get your legs in the best shape of your life.

After attending this class, I have no doubts that I will be there next week to feel the same intense burn that traveled all the way from my neck down to my knees. This is the burn that I need in order to ensure I am toning all my muscles to have that fantastic figure all year long. The intense strain on my muscles and the high energy of the environment was comparable to what I experience while blasting my music on my usual five-mile runs.

So girls, if you want to get in shape and tone those legs fast, this is the class for you! Of course, there are other classes at Gosman that target other areas and will help you to get that ideal body even more quickly. Some other interesting classes to check out are “Vinyasa Flow Yoga,” “Ab Blast” and “Total Body Toning.”