Kenny Destremps ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Kenny Destremps is currently not only a senior at Brandeis, but also a “catch” on the Brandeis baseball team. He is a guy who likes to relax and chill out with his friends as well as hit home runs throughout the week. Got you interested? Read more to learn about this senior Campus Cutie!

Her Campus: Why did you first come to Brandeis?
Kenny:  I first came to Brandeis because the combination of athletics with its great academic reputation was too much of an opportunity to pass up. That opportunity coupled with a great financial package pretty much locked it up, and it was a done deal for me.

HC: Wow, you are lucky to have that opportunity. What is your major at Brandeis?
Kenny:I am a Psychology major with a minor in Computer Science.

HC: Do you have a favorite class?
Kenny:Currently my favorite class has got to be 3D Design. I never thought I would enjoy an art class this much. However, the best class I have ever taken here at Brandeis was probably Public Intellectuals in American Life during my freshman year.

HC: What do you like to do outside of your studies?
Kenny:Outside of my studies all my time is spent either working out for baseball or at practice. Other than that, I am usually either at work at Gosman or hanging out with my friends. There’s almost never a dull moment in my life especially once the season starts.

HC: What position do you play on the baseball team?
Kenny:I am a catcher for the baseball team but on days off from that you might see me at DH, first base, or in the outfield.

HC: What is your favorite type of music and artist?
Kenny:Haha wow, there are too many to name. I’ll pretty much listen to anything, but Thrice has been a band that I have loved for years. So I would have to say that they are my favorite band.

HC: What is your favorite movie?
Kenny:Favorite movie is another tough one. I’ll have to say it is a tie between Fight Club and The Boondock Saints.

HC: Switching topics, what would you say would be the ideal qualities you look for in a girl?
Kenny:Smile and eyes are always the first things that catch my eyes. You can’t compete with a girl that has beautiful smile. 

HC: So say that you find this girl, what would be your most perfect date?
Kenny:My most perfect date isn’t anything special. It doesn’t matter where you are, but who you are with. If you are with the right girl it is already a perfect date

HC: That’s so sweet! What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Kenny:A guilty pleasure has to be food. I am always eating, and I’ll eat almost anything. You can also add to that fact that I love to cook.

HC: What woman does not love a man who can cook! Would you care to share with HC readers your most embarrassing moment?
Kenny:Most embarrassing moment is definitely when my roommate Sean and I missed the vans to the practice field during the UAA tournament. We hitched a ride with a teammate’s parents and got there pretty late. We then had to spend almost the entire practice running laps around the field so yeah it was pretty brutal.