This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

It’s hard not to be affected by the devastating natural disaster in Japan. What’s even harder is to feel powerless. Here at Her Campus Brandeis, we won’t sit idly by as people just like us 
suffer alone against forces far stronger than they are. This article has two purposes, the first is to help you locate an easy and convenient donation site, either on campus or otherwise. The second is for students to have a forum to post additional ways to help. If you or someone you know is organizing a relief effort, please comment below and your event will be added to our list for other students who want to give back.

1. Donation boxes in the Shapiro Campus Center
There are two visible boxes in the SCC: one is at the info booth and one is at Einstein’s by the cash register. If you don’t see themdisplayed, ask for them: often they are concealed when they would otherwise be left unattended. If you carry cash on you, or can donate your change, come by as often as you can to drop something in the boxes!

2. Brandeis Japanese Earthquake Relief 
From now until March 28th you can buy red and white “Pray For Japan” bracelets: one for $3 or 2 for $5. All profits go to the American Red Cross’s relief efforts.If you have it on hand and don’t mind the extra donation, give the full $6 for two bracelets! See poster for tabling locations: if you have time to give as well, sign up to help table here and encourage all your friends to donate.

3. Her Campus T-Shirt Launch Party Raffle
With the date TBA in April, keep a 
lookout for this: Her Campus Brandeis, The Brandeis Bookstore, and Student Activities will be sponsoring a T-Shirt launch party where we will be raffling off our Question Mark promotion T-Shirts. Each $5 donation receives a raffle ticket and all proceeds will be sent to Red Cross Relief Efforts.

4.  Ruelala.com and Tory Burch
The two companies have partnered to provide shoppers the option to buy a $30 Tory Burch T-Shirt with free shipping. All proceeds benefit relief efforts in Japan. This sale will go on untilSunday and is featured on the regular Ruelala sales page.

5. Living Social
Living Social has agreed to match each donation made through its website to the Red Cross. Log on to livingsocial.com and check the lower right hand of the home page to make your donation today.

6. Gilt City and Ideeli.com
Both Gilt City and Ideeli.com are also offering donation sites to helpJapan. Click here to pick your donation amount and also the specific beneficiaries of your donation if you chose. Log on to Ideeli.com and look for the red box to make your donation.

7. Album TBA
Rumor has it that a famous few (including Justin Bieber and Rihanna) a
re teaming up to release an earthquake relief album, the proceeds of which will directly benefit those who are suffering. More information to come. 

Once again, please continue to inform us of any and all ongoing relief efforts!

HCXO

Abigail Katznelson is a Senior at Brandeis University studying Economics and Psychology. She recently joined the Her Campus Team and is so excited to have been recognized by Brandeis as an official charter! She is a member of the Brandeis Student Union, Creative Advertising Director for Student Events, and the Vice President of Sigma Delta Tau Delta Gamma Chapter. Her interests include singing, shopping, writing and exploring exotic foods. She will attend Brandeis’ International Business School next year as a participant in Brandeis’ 5-Year Masters program in International Finance.