It’s Boot Season, Baby!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

With the colder weather, it’s time to pack away those gladiator sandals and Toms and take out your boots. Boots are the ultimate fall footwear. With so many different options out there, it can get a bit overwhelming trying to decide which ones to buy this season. Below are my five pics for fabulous fall boots. 

Riding boots
Arguably, the most quintessential boot is the riding boot. These look great with EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. I love how riding boots instantly make an outfit look polished and put together.
BDG Tall Leather Boot Urban Outfitters $99, Dolce Vita Laila $295, Frye Dorado $495

Over-the-knee boots
Since over-the-knee boots are such a statement in and of itself, the rest of your outfit should be simple. Wear leggings and a loose swing sweater, and you’re ready to head out the door.
Ecote Suede Lace-up Boot Urban Outfitters $129, Steve “Smoken” $229, Forever 21 $36

Lace-up ankle boots
Lace-up ankle boots with stacked heels are all the rage this fall. They have chunky heels that make them easy to walk in. You can wear these without being overly dressed for class and risk classmates giving you weird looks. The B.P. “Search” lace-up boot has touches of shearling for extra warmth.
B.P. “Search” $70, Kimchi Blue Victorian Boot $70, Forever 21 $37

The Chelsea Boot
The Chelsea boot is casual and chic. This versatile boot can be paired with any outfit. Ecote offers Chelsea boots with quirky touches like gold toe caps and studs.
Ecote Metal Chelsea Boot Urban Outfitters $69

The Biker Boot
If you want to look effortlessly cool without trying don a pair of biker boots! They are durable and enormously comfortable to walk in. Biker boots will give your outfit a masculine feel. To amp up that effect, wear a leather motorcycle jacket.
Ninewest $149, Zara $100, Frye Biker Boot $280

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.