Harry Kaufer ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

If you haven’t met Harry Kaufer, then you should. A member of the fencing team, the new president of Zeta Beta Tau, a die-hard Bruins fan, as well as one of the funniest people on campus, Harry is an epic person.  Her Campus got the chance to sit down with Harry to find out more about him.

Why did you first come to Brandeis?
 I really wanted to stay in the Boston area to fence and cheer on the Red Sox. The fine people at Harvard didn’t think very highly of the awesome beard I was rocking during my interview and decided I was only waitlist material, so I came to Brandeis.

What is your favorite thing about Brandeis?
 I’m a big fan of the Rabb steps. You get to meet all sorts of nice people while trekking up them on as you journey to class.

What activities are you involved in on campus and what is your favorite one?
I’m an epee fencer on the fencing team, as well as the president-elect of ZBT. My favorite activity, though, was being an Orientation Leader. I got to practice all my dance moves on SOOOOOO many freshmen.

What is your favorite class and why?
Intro to World Music. It made me realize how great of a song “Mean” by Taylor Swift is.

What is your favorite food of all time?
Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Ideally, what are you most interested in doing when you graduate?
Ideally, playing professional hockey. In a less than ideal world, governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or a professional Hearts player (yes, I’m that good at hearts the card game).

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.