Gaurab ‘Magikarp’ Reja ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

When Gaurab isn’t busy pulling pranks on his Zeta Beta Tau brothers, drooling over Leonardo DiCaprio, or starring on Sesame Street, he enjoys sipping on Café Mochas while watching Mean Girls on any given afternoon. This athletic cutie also frequents the gym and participates in intramural sports in his spare time.

I know you’re all wondering the million-dollar question: is he single? Unfortunately, he’s been off the market for exactly one year as of this week – impressive!

Name:Gaurab ‘Magikarp’ Reja
Class:2013
Hometown:Queens, New York
Major:Business & Psychology
Minor:Politics

On-campus activities: ZBT, Waltham Group Big Sibs, intramurals, and I’m still technically on the listserv for Rugby (they still ask me, I still avoid them)
Favorite quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you never take” –Wayne Gretzky
Favorite book: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Favorite movie: The Departed and Mean Girls
Current favorite song: ‘Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay’ – Big Sean
Favorite qualities in a girl: blonde, funny, and easy to get along with (aka [my girlfriend], Nicole Nightingale!)
Your friends would describe you in 3 words as…athletic, really good looking, and definitely a cutie!
Favorite place you’ve travelled to: The Amazon Rainforest in Peru
When not in class, you’re…studying, working out, hanging out with my frat brothers, or pulling pranks on Scott and Swiedler in Ridgewood
An interesting fact people don’t know about you: In kindergarten, I was on Sesame Street for a few episodes until my mom took me out because I kept missing school (I was a child movie star)
Three things you can’t live without: My iPhone, my family, and the gym
Where on campus do you feel most at home? Ridgewood C030
What are you most looking forward to this year at Brandeis? Never having to eat at Sherman or Usdan again!
Favorite Disney character: Simba from Lion King
Male celebrity crush: I have two, actually. Harvey from Suits and Leo DiCapprio (cause he’s a dream boat)
Greatest fear: Not being successful and Nicole going brunette
Department you’d least likely take a class in: Biology
If you had one wish, what would it be? To win a trillion dollars in the lotto, have world peace, and end world hunger.

HC managed to track down Gaurab’s girlfriend, Nicole, to find out just what it’s like to date a campus cutie, and her response was, “I’ve always wanted to date someone famous…he’s no Justin Beiber, but I’ll take it.” 

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.