Flora Wang ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Year: 2015
Major: Biochemistry and Health: Science, Society, and Policy, Minors in Legal Studies and SJSP 
Hometown: Lexington, MA 

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?
Flora Wang: I am a Community Advisor in Rosie, Researcher in the Lovett Lab, Steering Committee organizer of DEIS’ Impact, UDR for HSSP, and Chief of Staff to Sneha Walia on the Student Union. 
HC: What are your plans post-grad? 
FW: I am looking for a job in healthcare consulting or life science research and looking forward to living in the mysterious world of ‘off-campus’. 
HC: What has been your best Brandeis memory?
FW: Writing essays in the dead of the night with my friends and running around and playing in the snow afterwards as a reward. 
HC: If you would have one piece of advice for a incoming first year what would it be? 
FW: Make a plan but feel free to rip it into shreds when you feel compelled to as your interests change. Appreciate the unique opportunity college brings and be open to learning and changing. Don’t worry about being judged and concentrate on creating something you will be proud of. 
HC: What is one thing you will miss most about Brandeis? 
FW: The hilarious and accepting CA community, the constant shabbat dinner invitations, and the lively and critical campus discussions.
HC: What would you do over differently if you could?
FW: I would have taken more computer science classes and tried to focus on less things after junior year. 
Favorites:
Movie: The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Guardians of the Galaxy
Band: The Wombats
Spot on campus: Wherever my friends are 
Spot off campus: Walking around Boston Commons 
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.