Falling into Fall Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Gone are the days of shorts and flip-flops.  The Brandeis campus is swarming with girls donning new fall wardrobes.   We’re seeing everything from cute boots, to leather, and colorful scarves. Check out these girls’ awesome fall style.

Layering is big this fall.  Take a cue from this girl and cozy up with layered sweaters and classic black boots.   Instead of throwing on a plain jacket, add pattern to your outfit with a patterned sweater. 

Don’t be afraid of color! A classic chambray and jeans can be brought to a whole new level with a great pullover and colorful accessories.  P.S. denim on denim is possible!

Just because it’s fall, doesn’t mean you have to put away all of your summery clothes.  Take your favorite pair of summer jeans and add a fall twist with boots and a sweater like this girl

Leather is in! Too expensive? Go faux.  You can’t go wrong with a leather skirt, tights and a moto jacket.  For a bright burst of color, try some fun shoes or a patterned top like this girl. 

Let your style shine with mismatched patterns.  This girl carries it off confidently with a bright scarf, patterned bag, and graphic tee.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.