Fall Fashion Trends Straight From the Runways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Leaves are turning, pumpkin lattes are back on the menu, and chilly weather is dominating the forecast.   It’s time to put away your cutoffs and pull out your warm sweaters.  Here’s the latest on this season’s most wearable fashion trends straight from the runways along with a few styling tips to keep you warm and fashionable this fall.  

Winter White:

Whoever said you can’t wear white after Labor Day?  You can keep wearing your summery white clothes by layering to keep warm. Try pairing white jeans with a comfy sweater, booties, and a cute jacket. Another easy way to try this trend is with a cozy white sweater.

Knit beanies:

Keep your head and ears toasty warm with a knit beanie this fall.  This trend is not only super cute but also very wearable. Black is always a classic and versatile choice but don’t shy away from bolder colors or prints.

Classic prints:

This means plaid and houndstooth.  The easiest way to incorporate these prints into your outfit is through scarves. A classic plaid shirt or houndstooth skirt is also a great addition to any fall wardrobe.  Feeling more adventurous? Try a pair of plaid printed shoes.

Turtlenecks:

Turtlenecks aren’t just for your grandma.  Keep your neck warm with a turtleneck paired with a cute jacket, skinnies, and boots.

Shades of green:

From emerald to olive, green is the color this fall.  A military jacket, scarf, or sweater is the perfect way to incorporate this color into any outfit.  Green nail polish and eye makeup are also fun ways to try green this fall.

Statement outerwear:

Statement outerwear is huge this fall.  Invest in an oversized coat, trench coat, military jacket, or jean jacket. You won’t regret it.

Leather:

Leather is the perfect way to add edge to your fall style.  A leather jacket is the best way to try this trend.  Try pairing it with the classic combo of a simple tee and jeans.  Leather skirts or pants are two more ways you can wear leather this fall.

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.