Arguably the best holiday in spring is coming up next Tuesday- April Fools’ Day! Here are some quick and easy pranks to pull on your friends that can be done right here on campus.
Saran Wrapped Door:
This prank requires only two materials, and is great for pranking a friend or roommate! Make sure the person is in the room before you begin, and make sure they won’t leave while you’re in the middle of pranking them! (A good time would be when they are sleeping.)
- Saran wrap
- Pull a strip of Saran wrap long enough to cover the width of the door, leaving three inches extra at either end.
- Tape one end up on the wall to the left of the door.
- Pull the Saran wrap tight across the doorway, and tape the other end on the right side of the door.
- Repeat with strips of Saran until the door is covered, top to bottom.
- Call or text your roommate or friend and get them to come outside, or wait for them at a time they usually leave for class- then watch in amusement as they walk right into your wall of Saran wrap!
Unique and guaranteed to confuse your hall mates, this prank creates the illusion of bananas floating from the ceiling.
- Fishing line or floss
- Bananas (or any small object- notebook paper or toothbrushes are two possible alternatives)
- Attach a banana to a piece of fishing line by taping the two together securely.
- Tape the other end of the fishing line to the ceiling.
- Repeat as many times as you want, up and down the hall.
*When cutting the fishing line, make sure to leave enough room for the string to be securely taped to the ceiling.
Surprise an unsuspecting victim with a picture of your face- taped ALL over their dorm room!
- A picture of your face
- Photocopy or print numerous copies of a picture of your face (enough to cover the surface area of a dorm room).
- Tape the pictures up, one next to the other, covering the bed, walls, and even the floors.
And don’t forget, not every prank is going to work- sometimes things go wrong, but April Fools’ is about having fun, so roll with the punches!