Dress to Impress, For So Much Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

You read magazines like it’s your business. You keep up-to-date with the latest trends. You lust over fabulous dresses and wish you could wear this season’s hottest looks for your formal events. Now, even on your college budget, you can!

Rent the Runway is an online store offering each season’s newest and most stylish looks, for just a fraction of the price! Each season, a team of stylists from Rent the Runway’s headquarters in fashion capital New York City hand-select the most gorgeous and wearable dresses, handbags and jewelry, from the runway shows and catalogues of over 145 fashion designers, and make them available to their members. For 10 percent of their retail values, the dresses and accessories are available for multi-day rental!

The Rent the Runway team is committed to ensuring you look and feel your best. Therefore, Rent the Runway will ship you two sizes of the dress (for the price of one) to guarantee that you have a backup size option—just in case! Rent the Runway’s easy-to-use website helps you choose your outfit by style, occasion or designer. And—as if it couldn’t get better—Rent the Runway will deal with dry cleaning and will cover the fees of returning the dress!

Lucky for Brandeis students, we have a campus committee that brings Rent the Runway straight to us! This month, Rent the Runway’s national team came and brought tons of their stock! Look out for upcoming events, such as additional trunk shows, fashion shows and formal social events. Check it out now, and join the growing Brandeis community on Rent the Runway at www.renttherunway.com/brandeis and www.facebook.com/RTRBrandeis!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.