Bronstein Week “American Road Trip, Next Exit: Bronstein”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Bronstein Week, Brandeis’ annual spirit week put on by Student Events, is just around the corner. This year, Bronstein takes place from March 28 through April 1 and has the amazing theme of “American Roadtrip, Next Exit: Bronstein.” Each event will be themed to a different place in the United States. From great giveaways including t-shirts, shot glasses and sunglasses to TONS of free food all week long, Bronstein is an event that you definitely won’t want to miss.

The week kicks off bright and early at 9 AM on Wednesday March 28 with a “wake and shake” in which all students can help themselves to free coffee, candy, and munchkins before class. The event is titled “Fueling up in Boston” to get students excited about the rest of their American road trip! 

Next stop is New York City, which is a comedy event featuring comedian Paul Nardizziwho has been performed on Comedy Central and Conan O’Brien. Did I mention that there will be free Italian food there?

Then off to Florida on Thursday night to tailgate with free BBQ event at the men’s baseball game!

On Friday afternoon students are invited to hang out on the Santa Monica Pier for a street fair on the great lawn. Come to watch the street performers, shop for some funky jewelry, get an airbrush tattoo and enjoy typical street fair foods.

On Saturday night, dress up in your favorite Mardi Gras attire for a masquerade ball in Levin! This themed dance is sure to make students experience some of the Mardi Gras splendor and will be complete with a beer garden for students 21+.

After a whole week of spirit and fun, Bronstein will end on April 1 at the Texas State Fair, where students can bungee jump, pet animals at the petting zoo, play lots of carnival games, and eat delicious carnival treats like cotton candy and soft pretzels.

Whether you can make it to just one event or are totally marking your calendar for all of them, definitely take advantage of the fun week planned by Student Events and come out to celebrate the warm weather and the end of the semester!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.