Brandeis Women’s Basketball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This year the Brandeis Women’s Basketball Team is gearing up for a great season.

Niki Laskaris explains that the team’s pre-season has been going well, and that everyone on the team is working exceptionally hard to make them into a better unit. The team is taking on new tactics this year to make it the best it can be. Kasey Dean comments that “the team this year is going to be different than it has in the past couple years, we are trying to change our mentality and style of play to a faster up tempo game.  We feel that it that will be our best way of making it to post season this year”. Hannah Cain shared her pre-game rituals she does before every game: “I like to just chill out before a game and listen to some music. I go through scenarios in my head that I may be put in when playing a game, so when it happens in a game its like I’ve been there before and I’m prepared to handle the situation”. For the seniors of the team, the start of the season marks the last season they will be representing Brandeis on the Basketball courts. Dean remarks, “I can’t speak for all the of the seniors but I know I will miss competing and always being with the team. We have become so close, and genuinely want the best for each other. We don’t look at each other as teammates but more like family. And I will miss winning of course; there is no better feeling in the world than being able to play with and for people you love and winning”. 

The team’s first game is on November 15th at Brandeis. So make sure to stop by Gosman to cheer on our women’s basketball team and show all your support!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.