Brandeis Dance Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.
Do you like to dance? Do you like kids?
Do you like volunteering, but find yourself short on time?
Do you want to support the Boston Children’s Hospital?

Then get signed up for the Brandeis Dance Marathon!

The Brandeis Dance Marathon is a huge fundraiser for the Boston Children’s Hospital – you’ve probably passed the Waltham branch many times on South Street on your walk to a frat party or Walgreens. The Boston Children’s Hospital has ranked in the top 2 pediatric hospitals in the country from 19 straight years and our fundraising helps them to keep that spot.

Don’t worry, if dancing is not your thing, there are plenty of activities to participate in during the big event and other ways to support the efforts of BCH. Throughout the night there will be games, prizes, free giveaways, food, and amazing performances from the campus’ hottest performance groups!

Participants do not need to have any dance experience to take part; anyone is welcome to get involved! Participants will get to meet and greet a family that significantly benefited from treatment offered at BCH, which students like you help to support every year. 

I’ve attended all the Dance Marathons since my first year at Brandeis. I’ve seen the great potential that this event has to do incredible things for the local community. My favorite part of the event every year (besides the lessons from African Dance Club, of course) is meeting the families that come from Boston Children’s Hospital and hearing their stories. It makes what we do real and reminds us that Dance Marathon isn’t just a huge dance party – it’s a way to really help save lives.

Our goal for this year is to raise $10,000! Sound crazy to you? I promise its not – check out these stats to see just how easy it is to raise $10,000:

– If every one of my Facebook friends gave $10 we’d reach our $10,000 goal.
– If every person that engages with or sees a post on the Brandeis Dance Marathon page gave just $5 we’d reach our $10,000 goal.
– If every Brandeis Undergraduate student gave $3 we’d reach our $10,000 goal.

It’s really that easy. That’s actually all it takes. If every person gives a little, we’ll end up with a whole lot.

To get in on that crazy Dance Marathon action, Register here.
The event will take place on November 2nd from 6PM to 2AM (Yes, it is an 8 hour dance-a-thon!) in Sherman Function Hall.

Also Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with raffle prizes, hilarious promo videos and more!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.