Alyssa Fenenbock ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Major: Economics and Business

Minor: Politics

Hometown: Upper Saddle River, NJ

Relationship Status: Taken 

Her Campus: So we hear you play for both the soccer and the track team, but what else are you involved with on campus?

Alyssa Fenenbock: Aside from soccer and track, I am a BUGS tutor for four lower-level economics classes, a teaching assistant for “A Survey of Economics,” one of the Logistics chairs for Relay for Life, an Event Coordinator for the Business Club, and I am a member of Alex’s Lemonade Stand and the Student Athletics Advisory Committee.

HC: How do you manage being an athlete with all of that and schoolwork?

AF: It’s definitely stressful on game days and when we travel and have to miss class, but I try to make a schedule of everything that has to get done every day and make sure I stick to it. I definitely had to figure out time management very quickly to stay on top of everything.

HC: Why did you start the Mr. Brandeis pageant?

AF: I started the pageant with another member of Relay, Noah Newberger, as a publicity event for Relay for Life. We wanted a big headline event for “Paint the Campus Purple Week”, which takes place a week before our big Relay event, and when I suggested it to the committee everyone loved the idea so he and I just ran with it.

HC: Is it happening again?

AF: It is happening again! We haven’t figured out a date and time yet, but hopefully in the next month or so we will know.

HC: What was your favorite part of organizing the Mr. Brandeis Pageant? Most stressful thing?

AF: My favorite part was getting to meet all of the amazing, enthusiastic contestants, and hearing their reasons for supporting Relay.

The most stressful thing was definitely making sure everything was ready for the day of the pageant. I hadn’t seen the dance run all the way through until about 30 minutes before, we hadn’t heard back about lights and sound until about a week before, and the programs were ready the day of the pageant, so a lot of things fell into place at the last minute.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being on the soccer team? Track team?

AF: The best thing about being on a team at Brandeis is having amazing teammates. Both teams are very different, but they are all some of my best friends here. It’s also really exciting to travel by plane and stay in hotels with both teams to compete against other UAA schools.

HC: Predictions about the upcoming season…

AF: We only graduated two seniors last year so our starting lineup is basically the same as last year, and we have some awesome new freshmen added into the mix. We’re 4-0 right now so hopefully we keep it up!

HC: When can we see you play next?

AF: Our next home game is on Tuesday September 24th at 7 pm vs. Wellesley!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.