“Adulthood is a Myth” Book Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

In her newest book, “Adulthood is a Myth,” Brooklyn artist Sarah Anderson documents the struggles of adulting when you’d really just rather not. Her b&w comics combine quirky-cute humor and sheer awkwardness in a way that seems to just get us college students. Feeling antisocial? Tired? Stressed? Really tired? Embarrassed? Really really tired? There’s a “scribble” for it. Like I said, Sarah gets us.

Keep reading for a glimpse at some of her painfully relatable comics that’ll make you say “same” every time.

Waking up and having to make big decisions.

The disconnect between how you sound on paper and how you sound giving a presentation. Meeting new people in this fun age of technology. Changing your perspective on “other people.” Getting stuck behind slow walkers on your way to class. And lastly… trying to remember names when THERE’S CONSTANTLY NEW PEOPLE. Need a laugh (or a reminder that you’re not alone in your adulthood struggles)? Pick up a copy of “Adulthood is a Myth”!