9 Thoughts Everybody Has During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” LOL, JK, no. It’s the worst time of the year. Finals are upon us and ‘tis the season for stress, sleep deprivation and meltdowns.  It’s a crazy, hectic time during which crazy, hectic thoughts pass through everybody’s mind. 

You know from experience that finals suck, but at first you feel pretty good about them.  I still have a few more days, you tell yourself, there’s time, just gotta push through

Eventually you loose your motivation and take the time to wish you were someone else, someone who doesn’t have to worry about finals: maybe I could be a cat. Cats just sleep all day. I need sleep so badly.

As the hour draws near to take your exams or turn in your final papers, the panic begins to set in and you wonder, why did I procrastinate so much?  

Your thoughts begin to spiral: what if I become deathly ill tomorrow and don’t have to take my exams?

What is the lowest possible score I can get on my exam tomorrow without failing the class? 

OMG I’m going to fail everything. 

Somebody put me out of my misery. 

After spiraling for a bit, you manage to pull yourself together: just kidding, I’ve got this. One more week, just got to power through. 

When you’ve finally taken all your exams and turned in all your papers, you think you may die of euphoria and you can’t help patting yourself on the back.  Winter break: meet Superwoman!   

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.