6 Halloween Movies You Can Stream for Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

This year, Halloween happens to land on the most unfortunate day of the week: Monday. While most folks will be out celebrating early this weekend, come Monday, the reality of school and midterms will return, putting a damper on Halloween festivities. While some brave souls may extend the Halloweekend to Monday, I would personally rather not fell like a zombie during my Tuesday morning classes.  Thanks to the magical thing that is the internet and video streaming, I can save myself a weekday hangover and still maintain Halloween spirit.  For all those who are with me, here are seven Halloween themed movies you can watch (for free!) from the comfort of your dorm.  

The Addams Family 

Is there anybody who embodies Halloween more than Addams family? Dip into their hilariously morbid world with this 1991 classic to add some proper Halloween spirit to your day.  

Where to stream: Netflix 

Corpse Bride 

Halloween will never be complete without the viewing of at least one Tim Burton film.  This animated film certainly brings the Halloween spirit and is sure to satisfy your Burton film craving. 

Where to stream: Netflix 

Carrie (1976) 

To be honest, you can’t watch Carrie without cringing. The titular character truly has the short stick in life. Regardless, this bloody horror film deserves a view come Halloween. 

Where to stream: Amazon Prime 

Sleepy Hollow 

Another Tim Burton film, Sleepy Hollow is based of of Washington Irving’s “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.”  The Headless Horseman, plus eighteen century New York, and Johnny Depp, equals Halloween gold.  

Where to stream: Netflix 

Casper

Who doesn’t love the friendliest ghost? If scary is not for you, you can get get your Halloween fix with this lighthearted and fun Halloween classic.  

Where to stream: HBO GO 

Coraline 

Don’t be fooled by the fact that this film is animated. This claymation film is as equally creepy as the book it was based on, making it more than Halloween appropriate.  

Where to stream: HBO GO

Happy streaming and happy Halloween! 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.