halloween hookup horror stories?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween hookup horror stories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MIRAMAX

Why the Halloween Sequels Should End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

When it comes to Halloween, you have to have all the essentials. The candy, the snacks, the costumes, the events, and of course, the movies.

There’s not a day in October that you shouldn’t be watching a Halloween movie. Especially a scary movie because everyone loves a good scary movie, right? We love the jump scares, the plot, and the suspense itself. Being able to yell at the man character for being dumb or not looking behind them or checking the closet door.

We love the old school classics like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream, but the most famous classic of them all is Halloween. It’s just something about an old-school classic that gets the movie night going. I mean, old horror movies just hit differently!

But Halloween was next-level type of good; so good that they came out with multiple sequels and remakes. How many sequels are there so far? Around 10 including the remakes. We even have another Halloween movie coming out this October called Halloween Ends. My question is how many sequels is too many? Maybe two is enough, even three or four is pushing it. But the producer didn’t get that memo. Come on, in every movie Michael has a fight or a near-death experience and he’s still alive. I remember him getting shot, blown up, and even burning in flames in the last movie but somehow, he is still alive. It’s just become so predictable that I’m not even interested in the Halloween movies anymore.

Honestly, it is the same for each movie. He chases Laurie trying to kill her and while trying to kill her, he kills everyone he comes across or tries to stop him. Don’t get me started on how Michael is always walking, and everyone is always running, and he still catches up to them. Like, come on please be more serious.

However, don’t get me wrong even though I see so many things wrong with having so many sequels, I love the movies and being able to enjoy the experience of the movie. Especially how it can bring people together just to watch Michael chase people and kill them. But out of all the sequels, I can say we still have some unanswered questions as an audience. Like what does Michael Myers look like? Why does he continue to try to keep Laurie? How old even is Michael Myers? And will this next movie actually be the last? Hopefully, we can get these questions answered in the next Halloween movie. 

Kacy Hendricks

Bradley U '26

Hi, my name is Kacy. I am a journalism major. I love to write and just have fun:)