This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Now, I have heard a lot of things about dating, but this is the first time I have ever observed something like a seven-day dating trial. Here are the details, a seven-day dating trial is when someone gives you a glimpse of what it’s like to date them for seven days. I saw this first hand from one of my roommates when a guy proposed this idea. 

I got to say he’s pretty clever, however, for the privacy of this relationship I will use anonymous names: let’s call them Maya and Miguel. 

Miguel and Maya were talking over the summer, going on a few dates, but they still did not take the next step of being serious. But then when we returned to campus (Fall 2021), Miguel decided that he wanted to be in a relationship with Maya. However, Maya was very hesitant because this would be her first relationship, so the idea of commitment seemed scary. 

So, that’s when Miguel proposed that they try dating for seven days, and if Maya was not feeling it after seven days he would get over the idea of being together and just remain friends, so let’s move into the dating trial. 

Day 1 – Monday, September 13, 2021

On day one, Maya was feeling down because she thought she had failed her exam. So, Miguel offered to buy her a strawberry milkshake from Culver’s to cheer her up. Instead, Maya wanted the comfort of him, so she asked him to cuddle with her. He came over for some quality time, they watched a movie and went to Wendy’s for a late-night snack. 

Day 2 – Tuesday, September 14, 2021

On day two, they were both having a busy day, therefore they did not spend time together. But they did talk throughout the day on FaceTime. 

Day 3 – Wednesday, September 15, 2021

On day three, Miguel invited Maya over for a romantic evening. He cooked her steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus topped off with a glass of wine (both are the age of 21 of course). This evening full of food opened Maya’s eyes to Miguel’s affectionate side. Maya knew that Miguel knows how to treat a lady, but this kind gesture was the cherry on top! 

They also made a list of what they look for in a partner. Some of Maya’s qualities were that she was looking for a man who is God-fearing, loyal, has a sense of humor, etc. The list was important for Maya because she wanted to see if they were compatible. 

Day 4 – Thursday, September 16,2021

On day four, they started to get a little more serious in the trial. This is when Miguel stayed over for the first time with Maya. Once again, it was on a PG-13 level where they were enjoying the company of each other. They watched the movie Coco, cuddled, and Miguel made Maya’s bed up for the next day. 

*Now after day four, there is a jump in the days because Miguel went home that weekend, so he wasn’t here on Friday-Sunday. 

Day 5 – Sunday, September 19, 2021

On day five, after numerous FaceTime calls over the weekend, Miguel couldn’t wait to see Maya again when he returned to campus. Therefore, when he returned Sunday night he came over to spend more time with her.  

Day 6 – September 22, 2021

There are also a few jumps before day six because Miguel was busy with campus activities, school work and had to pause the trial. Maya was not feeling well, her throat was sore and it was hard for her to eat. But Miguel surprised her with a bowl of soup and bread from Panera. 

However, this trial has not been all sunshine and rainbows. Later that night, Maya was upset with Miguel that she almost canceled the seven-day trial. See the thing is Miguel has this tough situation where he has to learn to balance between friends and Maya. He’s still learning, but he has improved for the sake of Maya’s feelings. 

Day 7 – September 23, 2021

On day seven, Miguel wanted to make it up to Maya and show her how serious he was about them taking the next step. He did this by surprising her with fresh flowers, chocolate, and a card that said “actions speak louder than words.” This made Maya’s heart smile because it was the thought that counted.

They also discussed that whole issue with Miguel’s friends, and that has made their relationship a little stronger. 

Now, I know what you have all been waiting for: did they end up together? 

Well, let’s just say Maya did not end the subscription, she’s paying the full price right now. They are not boyfriend and girlfriend, but she is feeling more confident about being in a relationship with him. So who knows, there might just be a sequel to this article! 

Kianna Goss

Bradley U '22

Hi my name is Kianna, I am a journalism major with a double minor in sociology and advertising with public relations. I enjoy creative writing, traveling, and trying out new recipes.