Valentine’s Day Desserts You Have to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love, whether it’s with a significant other, a friend, a family member or even a day for a little self-love! When I think of Valentine’s Day, I think of all things sweet, so I picked out some of my favorite dessert recipes from Pinterest. Hopefully, you decide to try a new recipe this holiday!

WARNING: Do not expect leftovers :)

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate is classic for Valentine’s, therefore, I had to start off with this molten chocolate Lava cake. The cake appears and tastes fancy, but is actually super easy to make. Pro tips: Do NOT use chocolate chips in place of the melted chocolate (the wax prevents the center from melting). Make sure to bake the cakes until only the edge is cooked. Additionally, make sure to pull them out of the oven right before serving!

White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcake

If you need something less rich than a molten chocolate cake, I would highly recommend this white chocolate strawberry cupcake. Light but sweet, this cupcake has been a crowd-pleaser everywhere I’ve brought them. Also, it naturally comes in Valentine’s Day colors!

Chocolate Roses

This may not be a dessert in itself, but it was so cute I had to include it anyway. Use these chocolate roses as a topper on any cupcake to elevate your desserts Valentine’s Day vibe!

THE BEST Sugar Cookies

When I think of Valentine’s Day desserts, the first thing I think of are those pillowy sugar cookies from the grocery store. You know, the ones they used to serve at elementary school Valentine’s Day parties? While there is no shame in buying your dessert, I’m telling you, this recipe will make some of the best sugar cookies you have ever had. The secret is cream cheese. Truth be told, you’ll have to try them to understand what I mean. 

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

If you’re looking for a simple dessert that still brings the wow-factor, I highly recommend these cheesecake stuffed strawberries. They are super simple to make but still so tasty! You could even dip these in chocolate — if you really wanted to take your strawberries to the next level!

Oreo Truffles

If you’re looking for a dessert with minimal ingredients and is dorm-friendly, I would highly recommend Oreo truffles. Even with minimal efforts, these truffles are like crack, and are a sure-fire hit at any party. 

Cinnamon Rolls

Hear me out: Cinnamon rolls can definitely be a dessert. However, how cute would it be to make a special Valentine’s Day brunch? These cinnamon rolls are pretty simple to make and turn out fantastic every time. Don’t forget, they need to be started the night before. Anyone down for some Valentine’s Day Eve baking?

No matter who you’re baking for, treat yourself this Valentine’s Day and try out one of these new recipes! I can assure you, these recipes won’t disappoint!

Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Adri Gonnella

Bradley U '24

Here's to hoping your also here hyped on caffeine hugging an avocado squishmello <3