This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

This spring break, I’m planning on spending some time traveling with my friends. It involves a couple hours in the car, sharing meals and sharing space. I’ve been looking forward to this trip for a long time, but traveling always has stressful elements. As fun as it is traveling with friends, more people means more moving parts, and for some folks, that’s anxiety inducing.

This isn’t my first time traveling with a big group, and I feel like I’ve accumulated a bit of wisdom around the experience. If your spring break plans involve a group of friends hitting the road, let me offer you some tips and tricks. 

Get information

Hopefully, a trip with friends is an stress-free, fun experience. But accidents can happen to anyone, and it is important to be prepared for the worst — just in case. So, before you head out, it’s important to get people’s information. Allergies, emergency contacts and medications are all important things to know before traveling with people.

Pack light(ish)

If you’re with a lot of people, there isn’t a lot of space. You probably don’t need as much stuff as you do in your dorm, so make sure you take only what you need. That way, you’re not taking up a ton of trunk space, and you’re less likely to misplace your items. 

Embrace “going with the flow”

It’s good to have a game plan for a trip, but at the end of the day, it’s about having fun and being spontaneous! Don’t try to micromanage, and don’t get upset if things don’t go exactly according to plan. Instead, be in the moment and have a great time. 

Go make some memories this spring break!

Charlotte Tolly

Bradley U '25

Charlotte is a third year UX design major with a passion for art and writing. In her free time, you can find her baking, reading, or spending time with her friends.